Washington State Legislature changed the process for certification, giving the responsibility to OSPI in early 2014. It is our intention at ESD 123 to continue to provide current information regarding certification as the transitioning takes place. We will continue to update this information as it develops.

To meet the requirements for a full time residency teaching certificate or a “regular” substitute certificate, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree and completed an approved college/university teacher education program that included student teaching from a regionally accredited college or university, or provide verification of an out of state regular teaching certificate and be able to verify 3 years of out of state teaching experience. If the applicant does not meet the criteria described above, they may be eligible for a limited certificate.

Types of Certificates in Washington State Include:

  • Teacher
  • Administrator
  • Educational Staff Associate
  • Occupatinoal Therapist
  • Physical Therapist
  • Nurse
  • Speech Pathologist
  • Audiologist
  • Counselor, School Psychologist
  • Social Worker
  • Career and Technical Educators

Want to learn more?

Gloria B. Cartagena
Certification Specialist
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.